Here we are… 2020… Hindsight you ask? Some of it, yes. That’s what makes us better as a Royal Ranger ministry. Our event listing below should represent things that have worked well in the past and possibly some newer stuff to test the waters. And if it weren’t for Coronavirus, we would have gotten to do most or all of this. As it is, though, we take what God allows us and grow from it. Praise HIM through the good and the bad. We will overcome. We will move on.
***PLEASE NOTE! – The events in the calendar below MAY be postponed or canceled due to the Covid19 situation. We will stay on top of the situation and update as necessary. Should events be carried out, all attendees are expected to actively pursue best practices in hygiene, washing regularly with warm soap & water and/or use of anti- viral / bacterial hand lotions. Those who have not been drilled on coughing or sneezing into their own elbow should not attend for the sake of those around them. If you would like to be added to the East Division RR distribution email list, please contact me at RoyalRanger17@gmail.com and request that you be added so that you may receive the latest updates as soon as they become available.
Fri.-Sat. January 10-11 – FCF Trace (Tentatively… IPHC RR coordinated)
Sat. January 18 – SC District Leaders Meeting and Banquet. All Commanders are invited along with their spouse, Pastor, and GMA recipients. See scdrr.org for more information and to register for the event.
Fri. January 24, 5:30 PM – 10PM – East Division Derby car preparation workshop. Scroll saws, sanding, drilling, etc. for those that need assistance. Just be sure to get your car kit from your OP Commander or from TheStore. We do not provide the car kits.
Sat. Feb. 8 – SC District Derby… For more information and to register, go to scdrr.org
Fri.-Sun. Feb 21-23 – Battle of Aiken. For more information on this, contact MartyRoever@yahoo.com.
Sat. Feb. 29 – NRA Black Powder safety training. See scdrr.org
Same date – SC District Fine Arts at Christian Life Church, Columbia.
Tues.-Fri. March 3-6, NATIONAL LEAD Conference, Dayton, OH. Register at RoyalRangers.com
Sat. March 28, This event is being postponed due to Coronavirus and will be rescheduled for later in the year. 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM – SC EAST DIVISION BLACK LIGHT DERBY!!! FIRE is the theme this year, referencing Daniel 3 (v.28) – “Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king’s word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God.” The 8th running of the Black Light Derby is moving to Saturday. Registration is at the door: $7, $6, $5… per entry per household. More information will follow, but we have purchased a new 4-Lane track and software, and expect this event to bring in a big crowd. Top 3 in each category will receive medals, as well as Best in Show for each. Remember that we also have an Outlaw Class (2 lb. max). For the complete set of rules, please see scdrr.org.
April 3-5 – FCF Trace. This event is being postponed due to Coronavirus Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. – Canceled, Coronavirus.
Sat. May 2 – SC District Pow Wow campsite work day. Get your campsites prepared, clear branches, poison ivy, or help with common areas that need attention. – Canceled, Coronavirus.
Fri.-Sun. May 15-17 – SC District Pow Wow at River Oaks Retreat Center. Pre-register at scdrr.org – Canceled, Coronavirus.
Fri.-Sun. May 29-31 – SC East Division Round-up (campout). At Mission Lake, Pine Plain Road
Gaston, SC Conatact RoyalRanger17@gmail.com for details. – Canceled, Coronavirus.
Sat. June 6 – SC District Outpost Commanders meeting (Columbia) – sign up for E-Pathfinder for info. – Canceled, Coronavirus.
Sat. June 27* – SC East Division Paintball outing. More than Conquerors, Rom 8. Recommend you Superheros NOT wear a cape! Location TBD. – Canceled, Coronavirus.
July 20-24, National Camporama – RoyalRangers.com to register. Still shows as being on schedule as of 7/8/2020.
Sat. August 1 – CANCELED SC East Division Ranger Kids, Rainbows, Daisies, & Prims Field Day! Location, 1750 Holy Lane, Sumter (Danny Burkette’s place). 7AM for anyone wanting to do some fishing early in the day. 10AM we’ll begin the games and activities including casting accuracy and more. We’ll have lunch and a Devotional before calling it a day.
Sat. September 12 – CANCELED Boys Leadership Merit Day, tentatively at 1st Assembly of God, Sumter, 8AM to approx. 3PM. Commanders need to accompany the boys and assist with the training. Need to know 2 weeks in advance if anyone from your Outpost is attending. Contact RoyalRanger17@gmail.com fo mo info or to register your OP.
Fri. – Sun. September 18 – 20 – SC District FCF Adventure. THIS EVENT IS STILL ON! Contact email@example.com to register.
Fri. – Sat. October 2-3 – SC District RK Overnighter. has been canceled.
Sun. – Sat. October 4 – 10 – National Royal Ranger Week
Fri. – Sun. October 9 – 11 – IPHC Pow-Wow & Derby at Camp Hayes has been CANCELED.
Sat. October 24 – CANCELED Sumter Outpost Outreach event. Location: Between Lowes & WalMart, N. Alice Drive, Sumter, 10:30AM – 2:00PM.
Fri. – Sat. October 30-31* – SC East Division Family Hiking trip. Location TBA. This event is a ‘GO’!
Those interested in a full 2-days of hiking will either start traveling really early Friday morning, OR, spend the night in a hotel in the Greenville / Easley area. We will plan to start the hikes as follows:
- Meet at about 9:30 at Twin Falls. This is a pretty short trail and very suited to young and old.
- Break for lunch (picnic style per family)
- Table Rock at approximately 2:00, meet at the trail-head. Carrick Creek Loop is absolutely beautiful and is a 1.9 miler and a bit more challenging than Twin Falls. Those wanting to get to the top of Table Rock are welcome to take the big trail all the way up the 6.4 mile trail… you will definitely want to take a few Gatorades or such. Also, IF doing this to the top, you will want to skip #1 at Twin Falls, because it will take a long time to go all the way up and back down.
- DINNER wherever… nothing much really out there, but… if you should happen to hit a deer on the road beforehand, then I guess you’d be set!
- Hotel (or camp site, or whatever) near the Pisgah Forest (Hendersonville / Brevard / Flat Rock, NC).
- Meet at about 9AM at the trail head / parking area for Hooker Falls in Dupont State Park. We will be able to spend the entire day hiking and seeing some of the most beautiful nature you’ve ever seen. There are 43 different trails in this location. We can choose rendezvous points and times that morning before starting out, but again, packed lunch is recommended, as there aren’t many restaurants around there.
- Departure at your leisure that afternoon. On your way back, I recommend a stop at Pearson’s falls, located just outside of Saluda, NC – about 10 minutes away from I-26. It’s a 1/4 mile trail with a 90 ft. waterfall and will include a fee per person of like $5 for adults.
Sat. October 31 – Chartering ends! RoyalRangers.com to charter.
Fri November 20 –“Planning 2020″ meeting at 1st Assembly of God, Sumter, 7:00 PM. All East Division Commanders are encouraged to participate so that we can maximize ideas and attendance among all the Outposts. Light snacks will be provided. Email RoyalRanger17@gmail.com if you plan to join via Zoom.
Fri. – Sat. December 4-5 – SC District FCF Trek – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.